Bound

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

antnield

Bound

#1 Post by antnield » Thu May 22, 2014 5:33 am

VIOLET AND CORKY ARE MAKING LAUNDRY DAY A VERY BIG DEAL.

Before making their name with worldwide smash hit The Matrix and its two sequels (which they similarly wrote and directed), sibling duo The Wachowskis debuted with this sizzling neo-noir thriller financed by legendary Italian producer Dino De Laurentiis.

Gina Gershon (Showgirls, Face/Off) plays Corky, a young woman recently released from a five-year jail term for, as she puts it, the “redistribution of wealth”. After a brief lift encounter with her sexy and sultry neighbour Violet (Jennifer Tilly) the pair strike up a steamy love affair under the nose of Violet’s unhinged Mafia boyfriend Caesar (Joe Pantoliano). Soon the two women are hatching a plot to steal $2 million from Caesar and his associates – but if you’re going to mess with the mob, you’d better be sure you do it right…

Hugely well received upon its release, reviews for Bound saw some critics comparing the Wachowskis with the Coen Brothers – and Blood Simple in particular – whilst Roger Ebert heaped praise on the film, declaring it to be “one of those movies that works you up, wrings you out and leaves you gasping”. By turns shocking and funny (and with plenty of lesbian sex scenes thrown in for good measure) Bound is an astoundingly assured debut which oozes style and sensuality.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

- High definition digital transfer
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Directors the Wachowskis, Stars Jennifer Tilly, Gina Gershon, and Joe Pantoliano, Editor Zach Staenberg, and Consultant Susie Bright
- Femme Fatales - Interviews with Stars Gina Gershon & Jennifer Tilly
- Hail Caesar! – An Interview with Actor Joe Pantoliano
- Here’s Johnny! – An Interview with Actor Christopher Meloni
- Modern Noir: The Sights & Sounds of Bound – Interviews with Director of Photography Bill Pope, Editor Zach Staenberg, and Composer Don Davis
- Vintage EPK Featurettes (US & International Versions)
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery Images
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork to be revealed!
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film

manicsounds

Re: Bound

#2 Post by manicsounds » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:56 pm

manicsounds

#3 Post by manicsounds » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:32 am

L.A.

#4 Post by L.A. » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 am

manicsounds

#5 Post by manicsounds » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 am

Zot!

#7 Post by Zot! » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 pm

I think I got in trouble once already concerning the Wachowski siblings, so I'll try to be polite. I believe at the time of the film "The Wachowski Brothers" is how they were credited in the film and advertising. I don't think the reviewer has any responsibility keeping up on the latest concerning peoples personal lives. Out of curiosity is their credit in the film now altered?

willoneill

#8 Post by willoneill » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Zot! wrote:I think I got in trouble once already concerning the Wachowski siblings, so I'll try to be polite. I believe at the time of the film "The Wachowski Brothers" is how they were credited in the film and advertising. I don't think the reviewer has any responsibility keeping up on the latest concerning peoples personal lives. Out of curiosity is their credit in the film now altered?
It is not. On the front cover of the Arrow release, they're listed as "The Wachowskis", but on the back, the original credit block remains unaltered. Which is fair, I think.

CSM126

#9 Post by CSM126 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm sure there's some contractual thing that affects the credits, but I don't think it's asking too much for a contemporary reviewer to not misgender someone in the present.

David M.

#10 Post by David M. » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Zot! wrote:I think I got in trouble once already concerning the Wachowski siblings, so I'll try to be polite. I believe at the time of the film "The Wachowski Brothers" is how they were credited in the film and advertising. I don't think the reviewer has any responsibility keeping up on the latest concerning peoples personal lives. Out of curiosity is their credit in the film now altered?
Nope. I'd be amazed if anyone even suggested that, because they were The Wachowski Brothers at the time the film was made.

Still, some studios (I'm looking at you, UA!!!) think replacing old logos with new CG ones is a good idea, so I guess anything's possible...

MichaelB

#11 Post by MichaelB » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:47 am

CSM126 wrote:I'm sure there's some contractual thing that affects the credits, but I don't think it's asking too much for a contemporary reviewer to not misgender someone in the present.
There is indeed some contractual thing that affects the actual credits block (whose wording is laid out in the licence), although it was a deliberate choice on Arrow's part to feature The Wachowskis on the front.